October 21, 2008

Chaos.

Last weekend, Brian and I went to Tigre, a community north of the  city that operates almost completely by and on water. Boats go up and down the river streets, and people get their food, gas, and sometimes their educations, from passing boats. While considering whether or not to take a pricey boat tour of the town, Brian and I noticed a big tour bus pull up to the dock, and watched as passengers filed onto the boat for their next activity. With our heads low, Brian and I jumped in line with the tourists, got our pictures taken, received some delicious treats on board, and saw Tigre for free. After we were positive we weren't going to jail, we started really enjoying the beautiful catamaran ride-- eating and drinking our way all around the little town. While returning to the dock, about an hour an a half later, my happiness came to a quick end as I saw a puppy, floating in the river. Dead. I did not take pictures of it. 


Food poisoning. Yup. Got it last week. I exploded for 32 hours of non-stop volcano fun in both my bathroom and bedroom, and vow never to eat eggs again. Without going into too much detail, I will just say this: the human body is amazing in its effort to reject food. It's ability to rid itself of contents from different sources at the same time is just plain effective. 

Brian and I moved into a new house this week in a neighborhood called Caballito, which means "pony." The house is a 1920's French Style home with hardwood floors, high ceilings, and several terraces outside to read on. We live with a girl from Canada, a guy from the US, and three girls from Buenos Aires. The first night we stayed there, the owner (a 26-year old from Maine, who bought the house to restore as an investment) threw a huge fundraiser for a big volunteer organization here called Help Argentina, which he helps run. We met great people from all over the world, and pretended the party was a housewarming event. Below are two of my favorite/two of the creepiest pictures ever. 

In other news, the pilot that I acted in a few weeks ago got picked up, and they chose me to do the full DVD series. YAY! And if that wasn't cool enough, a representative from a tv show here contacted me about doing an Argentine spin-off of The Office. Obviously this would be low-budget nonsense, but the idea was pretty funny. Both projects sound really fun, but I don't think I will do either. Right now I am reminding myself of the reasons I moved down here, which are do not include being in movies and tv shows, but rather, traveling the country. I am quitting my teaching job in two weeks to begin a spanish-intensive course to prepare for a possible trek out to Patagonia. So a much poorer, but much more spanish Liz is in the works. 

1 comment:

Devin said...

You're an actress! Awesome!

tunes