September 15, 2008

Drunken Disc.

This weekend was a blast. (A blast? Yes, I'm ninety).  Because the majority of the people I work with are Americans in their early twenties, I received an instant group of friends as soon as I got here, and they all pretty much love to travel, like to teach, and love to have to have fun. We had a big get together on Friday night (the first hour of which my gaze did not stray from the bowl of home-made peanut butter balls on a table in the center of the room), which was filled with late night dancing and delicious beer (the night.. not the peanut butter balls). One of my students at FOX invited me to a bar called "Liquid," so we brought the party there, and in my broken spanish I explained that we were on Birthday Guest List. Note: broken spanish = huge smile repeating the phrase "feliz brithday," and pointing at my friends. After we got in (which I must say was solely due to my ability command a security guard's attention like no other),  we listened to some modern Salsa music and danced the night away. So much fun. Saturday morning, Brian and I, and our friend Kyla, took a 35-minute bus trip to a University on the outskirts of BA, for a full day of ultimate frisbee. I can't believe how many people play here! Although it took me about an hour to get the hang of it, the 4 hour-disc session was really fun. We ran drills for about an hour, and the men there were pretty serious about it. I particpated in the first ever all-female disc game in Argentina, and by the end of the day pretty much knew all the rules (minus the one about disc not really being a contact sport...whoops). All in all, it was a fantastic weekend. 
 

1 comment:

Trail Mix said...

SO,

I just spent the last several minutes reading each of your posts because I haven't been responsible enough to do it up until this point.

So like, for me, this was a huge long episode of a sitcom starring the love child of Mary Katherine Gallagher and Tina Fey

AKA: a woman who falls all over the place and sniffs her armpit juices, and yet is charming, witty and smart.

I miss you
And I need to send you something bridesmaid related. I could send this to your home; But you're in Argentina until the end of time.
Do you have an "address" in Argentina? If i were to send something to that country would it get to you before you leave?

Oh I'm going to send this blog address to Adam because..You're funny. Bye. Your boyfriend is hot.

jl.steger@gmail.com

tunes