October 4, 2008

Week 7

Just when I thought my days (okay, minutes) of fame were over, I was asked  by Jorge Aragon, a photographer here in Argentina, to do a photoshoot! WOO HOO! Mustering up everything I remembered from the 30+ hours of watching America's Next Top Model this spring, I strutted my awkward stuff, and went home with some pretty cool pictures.  Go to www.flickr.com/photos/31204538@N04/?saved=1 if you want to see a few of them.

In an effort to keep his soul safe from the Devil, Brian quit his fancy financial job which apparently too closely resembled the movie Boiler Room, and now is teaching English to bankers at HSBC and American Express. Work, for me, is still going well. It's beginning to be Spring here in Argentina, so I lure my students outside for lessons, and we all talk in the sunshine together. 

The highs and lows of this week, both included animals. The low took place yesterday when I literally walked into a dead pig. I was turning the corner on the way back to my home, and I ran into a pig carcass being brought into a deli. I was upset, the pig was clearly upset...not good. 
The highlight of my week was short and sweet. Well actually, big and furry. Near my favorite cafe I saw the biggest white and gray sheepdog of my life. I swear to God, I could have ridden it home--It must have been over 200 pounds. Nothing like a big ol' furry dog to put a smile on your face. 

No comments:

tunes