September 4, 2008

I'm an idiot.

Let me just start of by reiterating the title of this post... I'm an idiot. While riding the subway yesterday (completely in la la land, and unprepared for my stop) I realized, with 4 seconds to spare, that I was going to miss the open doors at my stop. Squeezing my way through the crowd, I accidentally caught someone's boot with my own and began to take one of the nastiest spills of my life. Just about 2 feet above the grimy subway floor (which I'm pretty sure i was looking down at mid-air and horizontally) I remember having a fairly lucid thought that went something like "this absolutely can not be happening." And, of course, it did happen, and I landed face/cheek first on the subway floor in a crumpled up heap of embarrassment and battered-pride. I'm talking, 100% of my body, belongings, etc., face first on the floor. When I looked up, seven or eight people stood above me in a semi-circle, hands-outstretched to help me. I knew in that moment that if I didn't get out of the subway car before the doors closed I would endure the worst kind of awkward embarrassment of my life being forced to now sit in front of the 40 train-goers in my car who just saw me yard-sale all over the floor. Needless to say, i got the hell out of there, and watched in a weird daze as the subway doors closed behind me and the train whizzed off into the dark. I need my own reality show. 

In better, less mortifying news, Brian got a big-shot, suit-wearing job with EuroTrust Capital, an investment company that trades out of BA. YAY! And other fun news, I finally have a cellphone! If you want to call me for $2.39 a minute, dial 011 54-11-9-15-3693 3357--you'll lose a half a pound before you even hear my voice typing in all those numbers. It's basically exercise. 

Speaking of, my yoga classes are going great! Brian came with me to my last session (which I'm pretty sure all the women in there loved) and we had a blast. It is definitely much slower than the traditional yoga I am used to, but it's good to stretch and relax for an hour, three times a week. I especially love the last 10 minutes of class when my instructor tucks me in with a blanket and pillow, turns off the lights, sprays some sort of  aromatherapy spray, and lulls us all to sleep with her magic spanish words. If only i knew what she were saying.... 

No comments:

tunes